Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Rusty Cutlass Brewing Co.


Phase I - I began homebrewing in December, 2005. I started with an "intro" kit comprised of a bucket, a glass jug, bottles, hoses, and a kit to make a Nut Brown Ale.

Phase II - The hunger for more equipment drove me to collect parts to make an "All-Grain" setup including a rudimentary mash tun and wort chiller. I also added a kegging system.

Phase III (current) - Unable to quench my thirst for more "junk" (as the wife calls it), and unable to keep beer on tap, I began building a 10gal brewing setup. It is a mobile ultra-micro-brewery. I will add more picks.

EXTRAS - During Phase II I picked up a couple lampreys, Pete and Jim, who are the two main reasons I went to phase III. They enjoy the beer and the brewing process and routinely support the brewery with cash and labor assistance. I use them as proof that the beer actually is tasty and potentially marketable.

THE NAME - I am resto-modding a 1968 Chevelle in the garage and I like pirates. Although not a Chevy, the Cutlass was also a GM A-Body and so the double meaning fits me well. It also sounds pretty cool to say, "Hey, let's hit the R.C. for a brew".

No comments: