Monday, January 22, 2007

Drinking the beer...

Usually I am focused on brewing, but today I decided to review DRINKING beer. Had a few folks over for the games yesterday and we drank a few brews. I had some leftover brown ale, scottish, and O'fest on tap, and we partook.

Brown Ale was a bit more bitter than normal thanks to a tiny bit of trub (the "goo" that ends up on the bottom of the fermenters and includes pieces of hop) into the serving keg.

Scottish Ale is still strong with smoke flavor, but tasty (IMHO). I will probably bottle the rest of it since noone else seems to care for it. Maybe a few months of conitioning will smooth it out.

O'fest is delish, even with only a month of lagering. I might bottle some of it for contest in March, otherwise it will be enjoyed until the brown is ready again...

Too many good beers to drink!

No comments: