Monday, March 17, 2008

We've come a long way, baby!






So it's been almost 2.5 years since I started brewing on the stove. As with all my hobbies, I've dumped a lot of time and cash into the initative, and it's great because I can consume the byproduct of my work...BEER!





About two years ago I went into all-grain, and from there quickly into 10gal+ batches. I believe 10gal is a good size for frequent brewers who like to consume their product and share it with friends.






Now I've moved into what is likely the last major phase, although I do intend to eventually run a RIMS system in line with my new direct fire brewery. I'm excited to present the new RCBC, named Goliath in honor of my Chevelle I sold in January, of which some of the proceeds funded the brewery project.



It features three independent burners, two of which are automated via digital temperature controls and STC solenoid valves. There are two carbonator-style pumps, assorted fittings, and other such nonsenical things that I will detail later. But for now, I will just stand in awe!

2 comments:

Crow On a Wire said...

Looks awesome!

Nick said...

nice job dude, how do i get me one of those.