Saturday, May 03, 2008

ESB and O-Fest Blues

Every once in a while even the best homebrewers have to throw a batch out. I am sad to say, the O-fest will be gracing the gutter with it's presence. With a starting OG of 1.056 it should have finished fermenting around 1.018, but after over a month it never made it below 1.032. I really don't know why it never fermented, but hopefully it will help my grass grow...

Moving on. I just kegged (secondary) an ESB I brewed a few weeks back, and it fermented out just awesome. It was sharply bitter, but that will quickly mellow into the smooth bitterness of an English ESB. Here's a shot of it being transferred to the fermentor (a 13gal carboy).

Finally, my hop garden is flourishing. All plants have begun their trip away from the earth, and I will be training them over the next week to climb the trullesses.

No comments: