Friday, December 05, 2008

I lied! Long overdue updates!!

I didn't even know it!  Anyway, a lot has happened.  I recently finished a 15gal fermentor using a 1/2bbl keg and ran my first 15gal batch of brew.  I must say, it's exciting to have a "triple" batch of beer.  I would love to go even bigger, but for now 10-15gal of beer is all I am willing to screw up at a time!


Other Items
  • New casters for the brewer, the original ones are failing and leaving the brewery "on tilt".
  • 15gal of Cockhammer v3.0 fermented an conditioning for drinking.
  • My second shot at O-Fest was much better,  very good actually.  It is on tap and drinking smooth!
  • Christmas Beers are also conditioning.  I brewed a version of the Santa's Bootstrap, and separated the two batches into kegs (5gal each).  One will be a remake of the bootstrap called "Gingerbread Stout", the other is "Mint Chocolate Stout".  7%ABV.  I am using chocolate nips this year, man to they add chocolate to the flavor!  Same idea as last year, soaked beans and spices in vodka and will ad to "spice" the brew.
  • I will be taking the BJCP exam in February, got to study!!
Here are the label proofs for this year's brews:

    

1 comment:

Nick said...

How much does it cost to get some Christmas brews shipped out to california?