Monday, August 21, 2006

Beer-Thirty

Saturday was the Summertime Brews fest in Greensboro, NC. I had a lot of great tastes, and many FOUL creations as well. I was particularly fond of Highland Brewery's Gaelic Ale and the brewmaster's choice from a brewery in Wilmington. From speaking to him it seemed that he had got drunk one afternoon and mixed up a bunch of barley and hops. He ended up with a "double" American Pale Ale (~7%). It was tasty since the extra malt balanced out the Pale Ale hops.

But the best in show was the English Brown Ale courtesy of the Rusty Cutlass Brewing Co. Although it wasn't tapped until late in the afternoon it was still a crowd pleaser (those who still had tastebuds and weren't DOTA (Drunk off Their Ass).

1 comment:

dshular said...

I really hate I had to miss it. Sucks for me.

The only redeeming part was the wedding I had to go to had a RED OAK keg. So although I didn't get variety, I did get a large quantity of good beer.