Thursday, August 03, 2006

Let nothing keep a man from his beer...


These chaps would not be denied! I've been brewing all ales this summer, most of which have been tasty. I brewed a Belgian ale that some of my tasters did not care for, but it was supposed to be different. We like brown ales and ambers, so to go a little drier and more hoppy was unapealing. That and the fact that the beer sat for two days before fermention thanks to some dead yeast!

On Tap - Irish Red Ale, Belgian "Fat Tire" Ale (w/ Abbey yeast).
Conditioning - Pittsburgh Amber
Fermenting - Brown Ale II

This weekend is lager time! I finally got an old beer cooler and temp control to get it at the right temps. Saturday it's brew-thirty on location in Greensboro for a buddy brew with a couple guys from the Battleground Brewer's Guild. I'm thinking an amber lager!

No comments: